Peanut butter cupcakes with fluffy Swiss meringue buttercream
These peanut butter cupcakes are slightly heavier than most other cupcakes so go perfectly with a meringue based buttercream which is light and fluffy. These were good… so good… 🙂
What you’ll need
- 50g unsalted butter
- 200g light brown sugar
- 1 large free range egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 75ml milk
- 4tbsp crunchy peanut butter (or smooth, if you fancy!)
- 150g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
How to make your cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line the cupcake baking tray with cupcake cases.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool slightly. With an electric mixer, whisk together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and continue beating until well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract, milk and peanut butter to the mixture and continue mixing until all the ingredients are combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl then fold into the peanut butter mixture until well combined.
- Divide the mix between the cupcake cases, filling each one about half-way and bake for 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. When cooled, pipe on peanut butter buttercream to finish. YUMS! 🙂
Yields 12 cupcakes